6/03/2007

Ahhh...

I and some of the ladies and the resident male down at the WCP went to the lake this weekend. It's funny how you become relaxed when you're surrounded by water. When the lines on the road disappear, the worries in your head disappear, too.

A lot of my friends would have found it horrifying. No television, no internet, and no cell phone service. I didn't notice that I didn't hear one phone ring until we were back in Paris and our cell phones sounded like a heart monitor.

I had the chance to try out my new camera that I bought. I'm sure people became annoyed that I took almost 80 pictures, but when you have that great of a time, you want to remember it.

I'm also happy to say that I saw the sunrise for the first time in my life. Before Saturday morning, I was either working before sunrise or didn't get up until after sunrise. You begin to feel really small when you can literally see the sun move across the sky and the red sun rays shoot across the water.

You may ask yourself how a proclaimed night owl can watch the sunrise.

Simple. Don't go to bed.

After watching the sunrise and every male within a 100-mile radius load his boat into the water, I ate the best breakfast I had eaten in a long time. The food reminded me of the way Pa-Pa fixed breakfast, and the restaurant reminded me of how my Pa-Pa's store looked back when all I had to worry about was which candy bar I would eat and how long I could lay next to my old dog in the grass and not get in trouble.

After watching the day start and starting day with good food, we tiptoed through the lake house and went to bed at 7 a.m. We didn't wake up until noon after everyone had left for home. I didn't want to go, but I knew I couldn't stay.

I drank entirely too much, laughed entirely too loud, and smiled entirely too big.

It was a great time, and hopefully, we'll make it back up there sometime soon.

Check out my documented proof of smiling, happy journalists, a roaring fire, and a perfect sunrise at http://www.flickr.com/photos/7753113@N05/



No comments: