11/14/2006

Why must we feel that we have to put a title on things? I tried thinking of a title for this entry, and I couldn't think of anything, because I had no idea how to sum up my thoughts into a neat, compact, little sentence that will encompass everything.

I signed up for the classes I will take my final semester. It's weird looking at CAPP and seeing "Hours Remaining: 0." It's weird not to see something highlighted in red or to deal with trying to figure out a schedule that will leave you the least amount of stress as you close the curtain on your college career.

I will be honest and say that after college, I have no direction. I don't know if I want to start Graduate School, go straight to working, or whatever random idea I think of between now and May 12th. I wish there was a way I could go back and start college all over from my freshmen year. It's like one of those moments where you say the dreaded cliche: "If I knew then what I know now." I would have done things different, and that disappoints me. I'm graduating and leaving a huge part of my life with regrets. I wish I had done this or that. Why didn't I do it in the first place? Fear? Laziness?

I hate being lazy and I hate being afraid. How about someone else decides my life for me, because apparently, I sure as hell can't do it.

No comments: